Kennedy Fried Chicken’s are mostly independently owned establishments serving a variety of fast casual foods. Besides fried chicken as the name suggests, this particular Kennedy Fried Chicken also serves pizza, ribs, wings, fish, and other fried items. A surprise inspection performed on 5/10/18 found an alarming 10 violations, 6 of which are critical. Personally, the two that bothers me most are food workers not washing their hands thoroughly after contaminating them and inadequate personal cleanliness. It’s not surprising they were ordered to close. What’s surprising is the controversy behind the Kennedy name. Who knew there was so much beef with the Kennedy Fried Chicken brand? I would recommend staying away from this location until all the issues are addressed. Meanwhile, if you are set on getting some grub from Kennedy, you can choose from over 100 of them in the city.
Here are the violations cited at the inspection:
- (Critical) Cold food item held above 41° F (smoked fish and reduced oxygen packaged foods above 38 °F) except during necessary preparation.
- (Critical) Food worker does not wash hands thoroughly after using the toilet, coughing, sneezing, smoking, eating, preparing raw foods or otherwise contaminating hands.
- (Critical) Evidence of mice or live mice present in facility’s food and/or non-food areas.
- (Critical) Personal cleanliness inadequate. Outer garment soiled with possible contaminant. Effective hair restraint not worn in an area where food is prepared.
- (Critical) Food not protected from potential source of contamination during storage, preparation, transportation, display or service.
- (Critical) Sanitized equipment or utensil, including in-use food dispensing utensil, improperly used or stored.
- Facility not vermin proof. Harborage or conditions conducive to attracting vermin to the premises and/or allowing vermin to exist.
- Thawing procedures improper.
- Plumbing not properly installed or maintained; anti-siphonage or backflow prevention device not provided where required; equipment or floor not properly drained; sewage disposal system in disrepair or not functioning properly.
- Single service item reused, improperly stored, dispensed; not used when required.
photo courtesy of GoogleMaps.